8 Şubat 2012 Çarşamba

A Good First Impression Is Really Important

                               It's the golden rule for a good first impression.Be careful,boys!




A good first impression is really important.At least I believe so.That's why I am so careful,when I meet new people.I just want to impress them.When I am gone,they must say:''Wow!He was really cool and charismatic.''



I want to share my first impressions of the book ''Holes'' as I find first impressions important.I know that I should write my first impressions first,but I still remember,what I felt when I took the book in my hands :)

When I read the first five chapters of the book,I guess that I will read a great book and I was right :) The first chapter were written so that the readers get curious about the story.Imagine: An innocent boy and a camp in a desert.The other guys were guilty and our protagonist,Stanley,didn't commit any crime.It must be a story full of adventures :D

In the third chapter I read a passage,which is really interesting.It is:

''Everyone in his family had always liked the fact that 'Stanley Yelnats' was spelled the same frontward and backward.So they kept naming their sons Stanley,Stanley was an only child,as was every other Stanley Yelnats before him''

I wish I had a name and a surname like this.It is really cool :D If I had a name like this,I would name my sons Stanley,too.

Another quotation I liked is :'' You're not in the Girl Scouts anymore.''Thats what Mr.Sir says to Stanley on his first day at camp.

I am sure that all readers ask themselves this question:Why do they make the boys dig holes?Does it really build up their character?If you keep reading the book,you will see that their real purpose is finding something valuable in the desert.Building up characters is just what they say.

I hope my first impressions of the book make you have a first impression :)

(331 Words)

4 yorum:

  1. it seems like good mert but it's too long to read for me :) maybe u can change your background

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Wow! If I was someone who hasn't read it yet, I would like to read it. You created a perfect advertisement. Congrulations! >.< (by the way sorry about the first one. I hate spelling mistakes...;)

    YanıtlaSil
  3. I think you should mention easiness of language, it makes people happy, which responsible for this book as homework.:)

    YanıtlaSil
  4. Maybe yo could change the backraound. It's a little hard to read, but the content is really useful, I think. In many points we think the same about the book.

    YanıtlaSil